Scheduled release date: to be decided
Features to be introduced:
- HTML5 Support for Microsoft Edge browser
- Webcam & barcode add-on for Mac OSX
Release date: July 23, 2015
- HTML5 support for Safari v7+, Chrome v27+ and Firefox v27+ on Mac OS X 10.6 or later
- HTML5 support for Internet Explorer 10 and 11
- Improved 1D Barcode Reader Add-on to support all popular 1D barcode types, including Code 39, Code 128, CodeBar, Code_93, EAN_8, EAN_13, Interleaved 2 of 5, UPC_A and UPC_E
Release date: Mar 24, 2015
- Support browsers on Mac OS X
- Webcam: Support capturing images from webcams
Release date: Dec 16
Features introduced in the Chrome & Firefox Edition:
- Enable reading 1D barcodes on the client side.
Release date: Oct 16
V10.0.1 introduced improvements to the Chrome & Firefox Edition.
- Enhanced robustness of WebSocket connection: The new version will automatically try re-building the connection in case it is inadvertently closed due to network problems.
- Bug fixes
- More >>
Release date: Sep 19
This version introduced the following features in the Chrome & Firefox Edition:
- Add a User Interface for native image viewing and editing
- Optimize the performance of WebSocket-transferred operations, including scanning, image rendering, saving, editing, uploading, etc. You will find this new release much faster than the Preview version.
10.0 Preview (8/21/2014)
Release date: Aug 21
- A HTML5 solution was introduced, which enables TWAIN scanning in Chrome and Firefox 27+ on Windows. This solution combining with the Plugin Edition were merged into one new Edition: Chrome&Firefox Edition
- Added Disk Caching mechanism. This feature enables high volume document scanning which was limited by the physical memory size.
- Added JPEG compression type to TIFF encoding/decoding. You can reduce the size of TIFF files significantly by using the JPEG compression.
- Many image editing features have been improved such as: ChangeBitDepth, and GrayScale.
To be decided:
- Enable writing barcodes to scanned or loaded images
- Enable reading 2D barcodes on the client side.
- Enable Annotation on scanned or loaded images
- Enable client-side OCR
- PDF rasterizer: Enable reading text and mixed PDF files in the Load, Loadex, and HttpDownload methods