Manage your Source Code Revisions in VS Efficiently using SourceAnywhere Version Control
Looking for a simple yet efficient version control solution to manage the revisions for your Visual Studio projects? You may check out SourceAnywhere, a SQL-server based source control tool, which is optimized for using in Visual Studio.
- Visual Studio Integration. SourceAnywhere provides a Microsoft Source Code Control Interface (MSSCCI) Plugin for integration with Visual Studio 2012/2010/2008/2005 and also 2003/6.0. The version control plugin enables you to efficiently manage the versions/histories of files and have multiple developers work on a project concurrently in Visual Studio.
- Enhanced performance. Add-in technology is used to reduce unnecessary refresh event when working in Visual Studio.
- SourceAnywhere is a pure and simple version control solution. You can use it along with other 3rd-party plug-ins in Visual Studio according to your needs.
Set Up Version Control Plug-in for Visual Studio
For Visual Studio 2005 and above, you can set the source control plug-in at Tools->Options->Source Control in Visual Studio.
For Visual Studio 6.0 and 2003, SourceAnywhere provides a tool – SCC Provider Manager – to set the current source control provider. The utility can be found in the program group of SourceAnywhere Client.
How to use Source Control in Visual Studio
Add a project to Source Control
- After you set the source control plug-in, you can then add a project to source control – Open your project/Create a new project, and then right-click the solution file in Solution Explorer and click menu Add Solution to Source Control.
- After the project being added to source control, a lock icon will appear beside the filename.
Retrieve and open a project from version control
Most of today’s projects need the collaboration of a team. Therefore, after a developer adds the project to source control, other developers working on the same project need to retrieve these files from server to local. To retrieve files from server, we can simply click menu File -> Source Control -> Open from Source Control in Visual Studio.
Dynamsoft has been a Microsoft Gold Certified partner for years. All products are designed with Visual Studio users in mind. Let us know your experience of using SourceAnywhere version control in Visual Studio in the comments section below.