How to scan and upload documents in browser?
Are you looking for a document scanning toolkit for your users to scan and upload documents easily via your website? If so, Dynamic Web TWAIN, a browser-based TWAIN SDK, is the right solution for you.
These tasks are just one-click away with the Web TWAIN scanning SDK:
- Scan documents from a scanner, edit and upload as stream to a web server or database;
- Scan documents and save locally as a BMP, JPEG, PNG or multi-page TIFF/PDF file;
- Acquire images from a camera/digital card, edit and save to local disk or upload to web server;
- Load local images to your web browser, edit and save/upload
The document scanning library works with IE x86/x64, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera on Windows and Mac OS X.
Dynamic Web TWAIN
The document scanning library has features specially designed for web environments:
- ActiveX and Plug-in Editions that support all main-stream browsers for Windows & Mac;
- Uploading/downloading via HTTP(s) and FTP(s), Windows Authentication, Basic Authentication, Forms Authentication, Anonymous authentication, SSL certificate binding and session/cookie support;
- You can deploy it on your preferred web server (IIS, Apache, Tomcat etc.).
30-day free trial of Dynamic Web TWAIN
If you are developing a desktop document scanning solution, Dynamic .NET TWAIN, a native .NET scanning component, suits you better. It is optimized for use in C# and VB.NET.
TWAIN is a standard software protocol defined by TWAIN Working Group. It is an applications programming interface (API) that regulates communication between software applications and imaging devices, such as scanner, digital camera and capture card.
With several popular scanner manufacturers being initiators of the TWAIN Working Group, most, if not all, scanners come with a TWAIN driver and are TWAIN compatible.