Password Policy enables you to improve the security of your passwords by
enforcing strong password security policies.
To enable Password Policy, check the "Enable Password Policy" checkbox in the
following dialog box of Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere Hosted Server Manager:
Figure - Password policy
Best practice of making your passwords stronger
Careful settings of the Password Policy in Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere Hosted can make your passwords much securer. We have the following
recommendations on how to set the password policies:
- Minimum password length >= 8. The longer the minimum password is,
- Password history >= 1. Enforcing password history on users blocks
them from using the same password when their password expires. This policy
enables administrators to enhance security by ensuring that old passwords are
not reused continually.
- Better check Passwords must meet complexity requirements because
this setting with Minimum password length can make the password very difficult
for an attacker to guess. For more info about password complexity
requirements, please refer to What's the password complexity requirement.
- Maximum password age <= 15. Enforcing a maximum password age on
users makes them often change their password. This setting with Password
history can better protect their password.
- Lock out after <= 10 unsuccessful login attempts. This Lock
out after checkbox helps you prevent attackers from guessing users' passwords,
and it decreases the likelihood of successful attacks on your network.