Shows the project difference
result. You can also see what is different within a file, and reconcile
differences if desired.
Dialog Box Items
This dialog box is composed of two panes which show files in the compare
project and to folder. This dialog also has its own toolbar, with buttons for adding files,
deleting files, getting files, checking files out and in, undoing file check
outs, viewing files, reconciling the differences , and more.
Results of the comparison are displayed as side-by-side panes listing files
and subprojects alphabetically. The list of files in the right and left
panes is filtered by the choices you made in the Show Differences command
dialog. For example, if you choose to show only files that are different in both
places, you will not see files that are the same.
There are four types of files which may appear in the lists.
Toolbar commands in this dialog generally work in the same way as the standard
SourceAnywhere Standalone commands, but some work slightly differently, as
- Files that are same in both panes appear in black letters against a white
background by default.
- Files that are in your working folder, but not in the compare project,
appear in green against a gray background by default.
- Files that are in the compare project, but not in the your working folder,
appear in blue against a gray background by default.
- Files that are in both places, but different, appear in red against a gray
background by default.
- The Add Files command moves a file or directory from the right pane to the
- The Delete command works normally if a file in the left pane is selected. If a
file in the right pane is selected, you can use the Delete command to
delete the local file or directory from your working folder.
- The Get command works normally, getting a file or
project from the left pane to the right pane.
- The Check Out command works normally, reconciling the differences
between a file that is different in each pane and is not checked out in the
right pane, by checking it out and overwriting it in your local working folder.
- The Check In command works normally, reconciling a file that is in
both panes, but different, and is checked out in both panes. With this command
you save the latest changes to the file in your working folder.
- The Undo
Check Out command works normally, reconciling a file that is different in
each pane and is checked out in both panes by undoing the check out on the file.
With this command you lose the latest changes to the file in your working
- The View File command works on a file selected in the left pane just like
the Explorer's View command. It displays the file in the SourceAnywhere
Standalone database. The View command works on a file selected in the
right pane by opening the appropriate viewer directly on the file in the folder.
- The File Difference command compares two selected files. If
only one file is selected, Difference compares it with the SourceAnywhere
Standalone project and the folder.
- The Refresh command brings the File List up to date.
- The Reconcile command reconciles differences found in the compared
projects. Reconciliation can mean several different things depending on the
settings you choose in the dialog boxes that are displayed after you choose this
- The Report command allows you to export the project difference result to a
local disk as a file.
Note: The first six commands are only
available when comparing the working folder with the project in the repository.
If you use a mouse, you can access many of
the preceding commands with the right mouse button. You can also perform
command and choose files to show through right mouse button.