How to reduce the size of a resulting file
There are a few things that you can try to reduce the size of a resulting file
- Scan in grayscale or black & white instead of RGB;
- Convert the images to grayscale or black & white before the save or upload call. Read more here;
- Scan in a lower resolution;
- Convert the images to a lower resolution (DPI). Read more here;
- [Optional] If the resulting file is in the JPEG format (.jpg) or is a TIF or PDF that is encoded by the JPEG standard, you can set
JPEGQuality to a lower value.