Previous Changes >>
Changed product name from Dynamsoft Webcam SDK (DWS) to Dynamsoft Camera SDK (DCS).
Added methods to set camera property hue. The related APIs are:
- Fixed a bug where setting camera property sharpness doesn't work.
- Fixed a bug where occupied cameras cannot be released in some cases.
- Fixed a bug where an order is imposed to parameter indices in methods httpUpload, httpUploadAsync and convertToBase64.
- Other small fixes and tweaks.
- Added a new feature to capture and embed live video stream into the browser.
- Added methods to set camera properties including brightness, contrast, iris, zoom, etc.
- Added a new method convertToBase64 which supports converting one or more images to a base64 string.
- Added a new method httpUpload which supports uploading files as binary as well as base64 string.
- Added a new security feature called camera authorization which requires more user interaction when dealing with devices.
- Added an MSI installer for pre-installing Dynamsoft Camera SDK on end-user machines.
- Dynamsoft’s Webcam SDK has been in existence since November, 2012 as a module of the ImageCapture Suite SDK. It supports capturing images from USB video device class (UVC) and WIA compatible webcams. By using ActiveX and Plugin technologies, it supported all mainstream browsers (e.g. IE x86 or x64, Chrome, Firefox) on Windows at that time. In 2015, we merged ImageCapture Suite into Dynamic Web TWAIN 10.2 and the webcam module has worked as an add-on to the Dynamic Web TWAIN SDK ever since.
- Now we are redesigning the Webcam SDK as a separate product in our efforts to enhance its functionalities. Therefore, the SDK has been renamed to Dynamsoft Webcam SDK and its version starts at 5.0.