SourceSafe can be integrated into Visual C++ 6.0 to source control VC projects and files.
To integrate SourceSafe with VC 6.0, we can do as follows:
1. Choose SourceSafe as the current source control provider.
For information on how to do it, refer to: https://www.dynamsoft.com/codepool/microsoft-source-code-control-interface-msscci-registry-entries.html
2. Add the VC project into source control of SourceSafe by clicking menu Project -> Source Control -> Add to Source Control. We can also add the project by right-clicking the file in the Project Explorer.
(Add VC project to SourceSafe from menu)
(Add VC project to SourceSafe)
3. In the following Log On to SourceSafe Database dialog box, enter the credentials to log on a VSS DB.
(Log on to VSS Database)
4. Choose a location in the VSS project tree to store the VC project.
(Choose location to place the VC project)
5. Select the files we want to add into SourceSafe for source control and click OK.
(Add VC files to SourceSafe)
6. Now, all of the files are under source control of SourceSafe. We can find the SourceSafe functions through menu Project -> Source Control. We can also access some of the functions by right-clicking the file in the Project Explorer.
|The SQL Server-based Source Control Software Designed to be a SourceSafe Replacement||The Fastest SourceSafe Remote Access Tool Recommeded by Microsoft|
Previous article <<<<: Switching Visual Studio projects from SourceSafe to other SCC providers
Next article >>>>: Integrating SourceSafe / VSS with Visual Basic 6.0
SourceSafe How To series home page: VSS / SourceSafe Tutorial