Control web cameras from browsers with Dynamic Webcam API
Introduction to the Webcam Library
Dynamic Webcam SDK is a browser plugin which enables users to acquire images from a webcam, edit and then upload/save them to a database, web server or local disk. Also, it can capture a live video stream into a container and grab a snapshot to be exported to a file/binary. With the webcam API, software developers can integrate image capture, processing and webcam control into browsers.
The plugin works with all webcams that are compatible with Windows Image Acquisition (WIA) and USB video device class (UVC).
It can be developed as a browser-based webcam plug-in or with ActiveX®. Two editions are provided for different browsers: ActiveX Edition for IE and Plugin Edition for other browsers on Windows OS.
- Capture images & live video streams from UVC compatible webcams.
- Edit scanned images: rotate, crop, zoom, and etc.
- Support both GUI and non-GUI image editing.
- Supports basic image editing features including Rotate, Crop, Mirror, Flip and Erase, etc.
- Supports Zoom In/Zoom Out.
- Built-in JPEG, PNG, PDF and TIFF encoders enable you to compress the acquired images.
- Save/Upload images to your local folders, FTP Sites, Web Servers, databases etc.
- Image format supported: BMP, JPEG, PNG, (Multi-page) TIFF and (Multi-page) PDF files.
- Download/Upload image(s) through HTTP/HTTPS or FTP/FTPS.
- Support SSL for FTP/HTTP uploading/downloading.
Simplify your document scanning and editing process
With the development of digital devices (scanners, webcams) and information delivering and sharing online, more users choose to manage and store documents online, such as legal papers, contracts and IDs. This perfectly solves the problems of traditional paper management:
- Waste of papers;
- Waste of time in delivery;
- Difficult to share the information with your coworkers and customers;
- Difficult to keep the papers. Consequent you may miss the important information one day
When businesses inclined to handle images and documents digitally, the TWAIN working group worked out TWAIN to regulate communication between software applications and imaging devices such as scanners and digital cameras. Since 1992, the protocol has been constantly improved by the organization and is famous among scanners and document processing applications.
TWAIN’s already been a very sophisticated protocol and provides a rich set of application programming interfaces. You can take advantage of them to acquire/capture images from any TWAIN compliant devices to your system.
TWAIN allows you to fully customize the whole scanning process. You can decide whether to show the user interface of the source and let users adjust the image values by themselves.
Some systems may require standard images with the same resolution, page size and color (for instance Gray). With TWAIN, you are allowed to hide the user interface to prevent end users from modifying the image properties, and then hardcode by calling the TWAIN capabilities to unify the image properties.
TWAIN provides numerous of interfaces to help adjust the images.
- Rotate, mirror and deskew the scanned images (automatically).
- Discard blank images. Users also insert blank pages or ones containing barcode information to separate different batches of papers. You can use TWAIN to detect these special pages before uploading them to different categories on your system.
- Define the image layout if only a part of the image needs to be scanned.
In addition, you can easily deal with the image noises, image review and so on within lines of source code.
Dynamic Web TWAIN – A Document Processing Solution
A TWAIN component can capture images from any TWAIN compliant devices. The component can be an ActiveX control that can be embedded into your desktop scanning solution or a web application planned to be run in IE.
According to the report, the marketing share of Chrome is constantly increasing. Your customers may want to do all document processing tasks (scanning & editing & saving & uploading) in Chrome, as well as Firefox, Safari, etc. That’s also achievable.
Dynamic Web TWAIN is such a TWAIN SDK specially optimized for web applications. With it, you can scan, edit and upload images within your favorite browser.
If you are interested in, you can check out Dynamic Web TWAIN for detailed information.