New Article on CodeProject: Develop a Cross-Platform Document Imaging Web App
Document management is a big challenge nowadays, especially for paper-heavy industries like healthcare, financial, government etc. You may want to develop a document imaging application which allows users, either using Windows or Mac OS, to easily scan documents or capture images via browsers, so that you can manage the documents/records more efficiently.
Dynamsoft’s ImageCapture Suite is a browser-based document imaging library. It allows you to capture images from scanners, webcams and other TWAIN/UVC/WIA compatible devices on Windows or Mac. If you are interested in the SDK, the 30-day Free Trial can be downloaded from Dynamsoft website.
- Capture images/documents from scanners, webcams and other TWAIN/WIA/UVC compatible imaging devices.
- Compatible with the mainstream browsers including IE (both 32-bit & 64-bit), Firefox, Chrome, Safari and Opera on Windows and Mac.
- Edit images: Crop, Change Image Size, Rotate, Zoom, Erase and more.
- Upload images to various locations - local folder, FTP site, web server, database, SharePoint library and more.
- Enhanced security: supports SSL and Windows/Forms/Basic Authentication.
- Supported image formats include BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF (both single and multi-page) and PDF (both single and multi-page).