Thanks for downloading Dynamsoft Barcode Reader Package!
Your download will start shortly. If your download does not begin, click here to retry.
Release Notes for Python SDK - 9.x
- Barcode boundary-seeking algorithm is refactored to improve stability.
- Pharmacode decoding is optimized to improve accuracy.
- The function of device-alias is added to allow users to give each device a readable name. For end-users and administrators, this makes it more friendly to distinguish between devices about license usage statistics.
- Added macOS ARM64 support to the Python edition of the SDK.
- Added a new method
set_device_friendly_nameto set a human-readable name that identifies the device.
- Simplified the license activation steps. Different license activation APIs are integrated into
- Added support for Pharmacode.
- Added support for Code 11, a 1D format.
- Deformation resisting modes
DRM_DEWRINKLEare optimized and detached from
DRM_GENERAL. Users can specify a more effective deformation resisting mode when processing QRCode and DataMatrix codes.
- Optimized the confidence scoring system for PDF417 codes.
- Added support for Python 3.10.
EnumBarcodeFormatto specify newly supported barcode format, Code 11.
EnumBarcodeFormat_2to specify newly supported barcode format, Pharmacode.
- Added error code
DBRERR_PHARMACODE_LICENSE_INVALIDwhich will be returned when the license of Pharmacode is invalid.
EnumDeformationResistingModeto apply new deformation resisting modes.
- Added a parameter
- Added a parameter
- Added an Argument
- Changed method
init_licenseto a static method.
- Changed value of BF_ONED under Enumeration
EnumBarcodeFormatto 0x003007FF to have BF_CODE_11 combined.
- Changed value of BF_ALL under Enumeration
EnumBarcodeFormatto 0xFE3FFFFF to have BF_CODE_11 combined.
- Changed the behaviour of
DeformationResistingModeDRM_GENERAL which now only applies basic process to resist deformation.
- Changed the return value of the method get_idle_instances_count from 0 to -1 when the available count needs to be updated from server by calling init_license.
- Fixed a bug that might cause a crash when using multiple threads for barcode decoding.
- Fixed a bug that throws exceptions when using method get_idle_instances_count.
- Fixed a bug that Function Code 1 (FNC1) character would not return if it was in the first position of GS1-128 codes.
- Other small fixes and tweaks.
The following items are now deprecated. They still work in this version but could be removed in the near future.
This page is compatible for:
In this article: