Thanks for downloading Dynamsoft Barcode Reader Package!
Your download will start shortly. If your download does not begin, click here to retry.
- Added the attribute
mutedto the video embed element so that the video can be played without user interaction.
- Fixed a bug with the property
ScanSettingsto avoid unnecesary frame fetching actions.
- Fixed a bug where the scan indicator (laser) flickers upon initialization when a scan region is set.
- Fixed a bug that the wrong version of WASM is referenced when used in a Node.js application.
- Fixed a bug that some images may cause stack overflow errors when used in a Node.js application.
- Fixed a bug where it takes more time than expected when creating a
- Fixed a bug which makes the building fail in frameworks such as Angular, React, Vue, etc.
- Added a new localization mode
ONED_FAST_SCAN, which significantly improved the localization speed for 1D barcodes.
- Added the ability to specify barcode
angleto improve the recognition speed if you have advance information about barcodes.
- Optimized the logic of
confidencescoring for 2D barcodes. The 2D barcode results with confidence greater than 30 are more accurate.
- Reading speed has significantly increased based on better camera control and optimized memory usage in the core algorithm.
- Misreading of 2D barcodes has been significantly reduced as a result of better result filtering based on the optimized algorithm in reading confidence calculating.
- Refactored camera related APIs internally for easier maintenance.
- Improved result filtering so that misread 2D barcodes are not returned.
The class names of the built-in UI elements have changed
Fixed an issue where the scanning page may freeze when debugging in the Developer Tools with Chromium-94 browsers on PCs.
Fixed a bug where an error occurs when switching region setting from a JSON object to an array of objects.
- Improved the confidence calculating algorithm for 1D barcodes. Misreading rate of results with confidence between 30-100 has been significantly reduced.
- Improved the reading speed on clear images by implementing a new deblur mode
- Continuous reading of barcodes from a video input is now significantly faster thanks to optimized frame fetching logic.
- Camera selecting on devices with multiple cameras has been optimized so that the main camera is always used by default. This is especially helpful on high-end Android devices.
- Misreading of 1D barcodes has been significantly reduced as a result of better result filtering based on the optimized algorithm in reading confidence calculating.
- Improved frame fetching so that more frames are read for the same time period.
- Improved camera selecting so that the initial camera used is the main camera.
- Improved result filtering so that misread 1D barcodes are not returned.
- Improved WebGL implementation so that much less time is required for image preprocessing.
- Added method isWasmLoaded() to return whether the engine file is loaded.
- Added method isContextDestroyed() to return whether a BarcodeReader or BarcodeScanner instance has been destroyed.
- Added method getOriginalImageInACanvas() to return the actual image the engine tried to read barcodes from.
- Added method destroyContext() to destroy the BarcodeReader or BarcodeScanner instance itself.
- Added property ifSaveOriginalImageInACanvas to control whether the actual image to read is saved for debugging.
- Added property whenToPlaySoundforSuccessfulRead to control when the beep sound should be played.
- Added property whenToVibrateforSuccessfulRead to control when the device should vibrate.
- Change the default engine from the compact engine to the full-featured engine.
- The method destroy() is deprecated, Use the method destroyContext() instead.
- The property isLoaded is deprecated. Use the method isWasmLoaded() instead.
- The property bDestroyed is deprecated. Use the method isContextDestroyed() instead.
- The property oriCanvas is deprecated. Use the method getOriginalImageInACanvas() instead.
- The property bVibrateOnSuccessfulRead is deprecated. Use whenToVibrateforSuccessfulRead instead.
- The property bPlaySoundOnSuccessfulRead is deprecated. Use whenToPlaySoundforSuccessfulRead instead.
- The property bSaveOriCanvas is deprecated. Use ifSaveOriginalImageInACanvas instead.
- Added a new argument,
ThresholdCompensation, to the
- Improved the speed of identifying 1D codes from still images.
- Improved the speed of identifying dense QR codes.
- Improved the performance of boundary identification for DataMatrix codes.
- Improved camera selection in some browsers on Android devices.
- Improved the
createInstance()method to avoid unnecessary download of the file “dbr.scanner.html”.
- Moved the following APIs from
Please note that these APIs still exist under
Dynamsoft.DBR.BarcodeReader , but they have been deprecated and replaced by APIs in the new namespace.
- Added property
organizationIDwhich can be used to fetch license(s) belonging to the specified organization from the License Tracking Server.
- Added a class name to the powered-by message element on the built-in UI so that it can be manipulated in CSS.
- Removed redundant warning messages for duplicate barcodes.
- Fixed a bug with the API
bSaveOriCanvaswhere the same canvas is reused resulting in duplicated original image for different barcodes.
- Added properties
vibrateDurationto control the vibration of a device when barcodes are found.
- Added methods
decodeCurrentFrame()to make it possible for users to show the video and manually trigger the decoding of a frame.
- Added a sample for Vue 3.
- Optimized how the WASM files are created to make them smaller (18% smaller).
- When opening a camera takes too long and times out, an exception will be thrown.
- When the webpage in which a
BarcodeScannerinstance is running gets hidden (not visible to the user), the barcode scanning will stop automatically. Later when it becomes visible again, the scanning will resume automatically.
- Added a “Powered by Dynamsoft” logo to the default Barcode Scanner UI.
- Resolved a bug that returns the error as a Promise object instead of a string when calling the method loadWasm().
- Added a new mode argument,
RegionPredetectionModesthat determines if the SDK attempts to find an accurate boundary when RegionPredetectionModes is set to
- Improved both the localization and decoding algorithms for Postal Codes.
LM_STATISTICS_POSTAL_CODEwill not be added automatically when enabling Postal Code in your runtime settings. Instead, users must manually add it to the LocalizationMode array if it is required.
- Resolved a bug that infrequently causes the application to crash when decoding a MicroPDF417 barcode.
- Added support for SSR (Server-side Rendering) and 3 related samples for Nextjs, Nuxtjs and gatsby respectively.
- Fixed a bug where if
scanner.destroy()is called before
scanner.show()finishes, the camera will not be released.
- Improved the recognition accuracy for GS1 Databar.
- Removed the exception code from
barcodeTextwhen using a valid trial license.
- Optimized memory usage when using WebGL for mapping color images into grayscale images which made the process faster.
- Fixed a bug where
documentNamedon’t have value in the
- Added support for MSI Code (Modified Plessey).
- Added a new member
PublicRuntimeSettingsstruct to set the minimum distance (in pixels) between barcode zone and image borders.
- Added exception error message to
TextResultwhen license initialization fails or decoding authorization fails.
- Improved the localization robustness for QR Code.
- Improved the localization for low quality 1D barcodes.
- Improved the deblurring performance and recognition rate for DataMatrix.
- Improved the recognition rate for Aztec.
- Improved runtime setting presets to use
- Fixed a bug where Micro PDF417 may not be localized in multiple-barcode scenarios.
- Fixed a bug where the
BarcodeFormatparameters do not work in the
- Fixed a memory issue in iOS Safari caused by enabling sound.
- Fixed an issue with UTF-8 character encoding.
- Added support for decoding barcodes from an existing video stream.
- Introduced new namespace
- Implemented a new licensing tracking mechanism, License 2.0, which makes it easier for users to track license usage.
- Added a new format control parameter, BarcodeZoneMinDistanceToImageBorders, to set the minimum distance (in pixels) between the barcode zone and image borders.
- Added a new format control parameter, MinRatioOfBarcodeZoneWidthToHeight, to set the minimum ratio (width/height) of the barcode zone.
- Added a new format control parameter, BarcodeZoneBarCountRangeArray, to set the barcode zone’s range of bar count for barcode search.
- Added a new argument, SpatialIndexBlockSize, for RPM_GENERAL_RGB_CONTRAST, RPM_GENERAL_GRAY_CONTRAST and RPM_GENERAL_HSV_CONTRAST.
- Added a new parameter, DeblurModes, so users can use different deblur algorithms for different scenarios. DeblurModes has the following enum types: DirectBinarization, ThresholdBinarization, GrayEqulization, Smoothing, Morphing, DeepAnalysis and Sharpening.
- Changed the default runtime preset setting of
- Improved the localization speed for the
- Improved the localization accuracy for DataMatrix codes with a narrow quiet zone.
DeblurLevelis now deprecated. It still works in this version but could be removed in the near future. We recommend using
This page is compatible for:
In this article: