- Provides a centralized version control system.
- All repository is data stored using Microsoft SQL Server to ensure the integrity of your data.
- Atomic data transactions for reliability.
- Multi-database Support - One SourceAnywhere Server can connect to multiple databases within a single SQL Server.
- Low system requirements - Built using C++ and Java,SourceAnywhere has minimal dependencies and low system requirements. Additionally, the software can be installed on both 32-bit and 64-bit OSes, and supports Windows Server 2003 and above, Windows 7 and above, Mac, Linux, and other Java based OSes.
- Enhanced versions of key VSS features: labeling, branching, versioning, and changeset support.
- IDE Integration - SourceAnywhere provides seamless integration with Visual Studio 6.0, Visual Studio .NET 2003 , Visual Studio 2005 and above , Eclipse, Dreamweaver (Windows), and other MSSCCI IDEs. Without having to navigate away from your IDE of choice, you can efficiently perform any source control operation your project requires.
- Supports project branch and merge.
- Supports email notification when specific source control operations occur.
- Web Deployable - A web project can be deployed to a FTP server, or multiple FTP servers. Web performance is improved by deploying only the changes made in projects.
- Fast Local and Remote Access - Only TCP/IP used, network package round trips kept to a minimum, data compression, multi-threaded file transfer.
- Delta Transfer - Only files that have been changed are transferred.
- Sophisticated Cache Server- The optional dedicated Cache Server, a favorite amongst customers with distributed teams, creates local copies of frequently requested server files. This greatly reduces the workload of the server and improves response time for remote users.
- Consider the example of a US and Indian team as illustrated in the figure left:
- With the server installed in the US, you can set up a Cache Server in India. This will allow your teams to work together as if they were in the same office.
- Built-in 128-bit SSL and Blowfish encryption.
- Built-in SSL Certification Authority (CA).
- Password policy to protect your password.
- Data encryption function ensures the security of your database by encrypting files within the database.
- Cache file encryption
- SourceAnywhere supports setting admin rights on a per-repository basis.
- Multiple Clients - A Java client is provided in addition to the Windows client, so you can access your servers from any platform that SWT (Standard Widget Toolkit) supports. These platforms include Linux, MAC, and Solaris.
- A Windows and JAVA command line tool, JAVA SDK, and COM SDK are also provided.
- Dynamsoft SourceAnywhere integrates with CruiseControl.NET and ANT to provide continuous integration and automatic build support across all platforms.
Seamless Migration from Visual SourceSafe (VSS)
A VSS import tool is provided for customers to ensure quick and easy data migration from Visual SourceSafe. Further, SourceAnywhere’s VSS-like UI means that anyone familiar with VSS will feel at home using SourceAnywhere.
HOW TO MAKE YOUR LIFE EASIER WITH SOURCEANYWHERE STANDALONE >