Support all mainstream web browsers
on Windows and Mac OS X
|Edition name||Supported browsers||Supported OS on the Client Side|
Note : Supported Windows operating systems include Windows 95, 98, ME, 2000, NT, XP, 2003, Vista, 7, 8, 2008, 2012 and 10.
- TWAIN specification 2.1 and below compatible (ActiveX, HTML5, Plugin Editions).
- TWAIN specification 1.9 and below compatible (Mac Edition).
- Optional disk caching mechanism enables high volume document scanning (up to thousands of pages).
- Supports Auto Document Feeder (ADF) and multiple image acquisition.
- Supports duplex scanning mode.
- Supports image preview mode.
- Supports blank page detection.
- Built-in wizard mode intelligently manages TWAIN states.
Supports setting up image acquisition parameters (resolution, pixel type, bit depth, brightness,contrast, page size, unit, etc).
Supports both Native and Disk File Image transfer modes. ActiveX, Plugin and HTML5 editions also support Buffered Memory transfer mode.
- ActiveX, Plug-in and HTML5 editions provide an Image Editor for image editing and viewing.
- • A GUI based and non-GUI editor are both supported.
- • Supports basic image editing features such as Rotate, Crop, Mirror, Flip, Erase, and ChangeImageSize.
- ActiveX, Plug-in and HTML5 Editions support adding colored rectangles to images.
- Supports multiple images selection.
- Supports image swapping.
- Supports clearing specified areas of an image, and filling cleared areas with color.
- Supports zooming.
- Supports text annotation.
- Supports image de-skewing.
- Downloads and uploads images via HTTP/HTTPS or FTP/FTPS (no FTPS support for Mac Edition).
- Saves and uploads images as BMP, JPEG, PNG, TIFF and PDF files.
- Supports multi-page TIFF and multi-page PDF.
- Mac Edition supports loading JPEG2000, PSD, and TGA image formats.
- Mac Edition supports loading text-based PDF files.
- Supports saving images as a byte array.
- Supports cookie & session integration.
- Supports binding cookie during upload process.
- Supports RLE, G3, G4, LZW, PackBits, and TIFF compression.
- Upload progress dialogue box allows you to cancel uploads at any time.
- Supports downloading from HTTP stream.
- Downloads and uploads file(s) through HTTP/HTTPS or FTP directly (without loading to the control).
- Supports multi-thread upload and download.
Built-in JPEG, PNG, PDF and TIFF encoder enables you to compress acquired images, even if the TWAIN source device can't.
Uploads metadata for each image to the server or database (SQL Server, MySQL, MS Access etc.) as part of the image upload process.
- ActiveX Control digitally signed by VeriSign.
- ActiveX Edition marked safe for initializing and scripting.
- Supports Windows Authentication, Forms Authentication and Basic Authentication.
- Compatible with Data Execution Prevention (DEP) and Protected Mode.
- Proxy connections supported, no need for customers to reconfigure their firewalls.
ActiveX, Plug-in and HTML5 editions support SSL for FTP/HTTP uploading and downloading.(Mac Edition only includes SSL for HTTP uploading/downloading support).
- Greatly reduced development time. The TWAIN 1.9 specification alone is 552 pages long.
- It could take months for you to get familiar with specification and build a TWAIN plugin from scratch.
With Dynamic Web TWAIN, most applications can implement TWAIN support with no more than a few lines of code.
- Browsers change quickly. The application is much easier to maintain by using Dynamic Web TWAIN SDK.
Even greater time savings. By tapping into Dynamsoft's TWAIN knowledge base via our Virtual Developer Service, the total time needed to build your scanning solution could be reduced from months to days.
- Reduced product time to market. The speed of product delivery is very important.