How Remote Scan Works in Dynamic Web TWAIN
Enhancing Your Scanning Experience with Dynamic Web TWAIN’s Remote Scan Feature
Are you tired of being chained to your office scanner? Dynamic Web TWAIN version 18 brings the exciting feature of Remote Scan, letting you break free. With Remote Scan, you can now share scanners across your office network and initiate scanning jobs from any device with a browser.
Understanding Remote Scan
Remote Scan is a feature that allows you to use scanners that are not physically connected to your device. It’s especially useful for offices where there are a limited number of scanners and many employees who only need to scan documents occasionally. Imagine not having to queue at the office scanner anymore!
Why Choose Remote Scan?
Remote Scan offers several advantages over the traditional local mode:
- Convenience/Efficiency: No need for extra software or drivers. You can scan documents directly from your device, saving time and avoiding the hassle of transferring files or using external storage devices.
- Ease of Setup: The setup is centralized and managed by the IT admins on the Proxy Service and Dynamsoft Service servers.
- Device Flexibility: You can access the scanner from any device with a browser and an internet connection, including iPads, Androids, iPhones, Raspberry Pis, and Jetson Nanos.
- Cost Efficiency: Share scanners among multiple employees, reducing the need for a scanner for each computer.
- Security: While Remote Scan is generally secure, extra measures can be implemented to enhance security.
|Factors||Local Mode||Remote Scan|
|Convenience/efficiency for End Users||Additional software and drivers may be required||Highly convenient with no additional software needed|
|Setup Complexity||The setup is decentralized and done on each individual machine that needs to use the scanner.||The setup is done on the Proxy Service and Dynamsoft Service servers, which are managed by the IT admins.|
|Device Flexibility||Accessible only from computer with necessary drivers||Accessible from any device with a browser and internet connection|
|Cost||Expensive due to the need for a scanner per computer||Cost-effective with multiple employees sharing scanners|
|Security||Provides the highest level of security||Can be less secure without extra measures|
How Does Remote Scan Work?
Remote Scan involves three key components:
- Dynamsoft Proxy Service: This service is like a bridge connecting your device and the scanner. It identifies and manages all available scanners in the network.
- Dynamsoft Service: This service communicates between the scanner and your device. In version 18, we’ve introduced the Bonjour Service, which helps the Proxy Service discover scanners in your local network.
Addressing Security in Remote Scan
While Remote Scan is designed to be secure, it’s important to take extra precautions to ensure your data’s safety. These could include implementing secure network protocols, regularly updating software, and educating users on safe practices. Your IT team can guide you on the best measures suitable for your organization.
Remote Scan in Action
Consider a large office with only a handful of scanners. With Remote Scan, employees can initiate a scan from their own desks, reducing crowding around scanners and improving efficiency. Even educational institutions can benefit - students can scan documents from their own devices, making it easier to digitize notes and assignments.
Remote Scan is a game-changer, offering convenience, flexibility, and efficiency. It’s time to experience a new way of scanning. Interested in trying out Remote Scan for your organization?