Thanks for downloading Dynamsoft Barcode Reader Package!
Your download will start shortly. If your download does not begin, click here to retry.
Release Notes for Java SDK - 8.x
- Added a new localization mode
ONED_FAST_SCAN, which significantly improved the localization speed for 1D barcodes.
- Added the ability to specify barcode width, height, angle to improve the recognition speed if you have advance information about barcodes.
- Optimized the logic of confidence scoring for 2D barcodes. The 2D barcode results with confidence greater than 30 are more accurate.
- Added a new
LM_ONED_FAST_SCAN, which significantly improved the localization speed for 1D barcodes.
- Improved the confidence calculation algorithm for 2D barcode results. Users can get even more accurate results by configuring the confidence filter.
- Improved the barcode reading speed by applying the localized barcodes filter. The barcodes will be filtered according to the parameters
- Updated the exception message when the full license is invalid or has expired.
- The low confidence barcode results will no longer be returned by default. The default value of parameter
minResultConfidenceis preset to 30, which can filter out the majority of misreading results and keep as many correct results as possible.
- Improved the confidence calculating algorithm for 1D barcodes. Misreading rate of results with confidence between 30-100 has been significantly reduced.
- Improved the reading speed on clear images by implementing a new deblur mode
- Added two DeblurMode Enumerations,
DM_SHARPENING_SMOOTHING, to support more usage scenarios.
BarcodeReaderclass to replace
- Added class
DMDLSConnectionParametersto replace class
- Improved the
confidencealgorithm for 1D barcode results. Users can get even more accurate results by configuring the
- Added a new method
GetIdleInstancesCountto return the number of available instances when using the ‘per concurrent instance’ licensing model.
- Added the
organizationIDproperty for license authentication.
- Added a new attribute
isMirroredreturns whether the barcode is mirrored.
- Added a new attribute
isDPMreturns whether the barcode is recognized by the DPM mode.
- Added a new argument,
ThresholdCompensation, to the
- Faster recognition speeds when detecting dense QR Codes.
- Improved the performance of boundary identification for DataMatrix codes.
ThreshValueCoefficientis now deprecated. It still works in this version but could be removed in the near future. We recommend using ThresholdCompensation instead.
- Fixed an issue that happens when calling initLicenseFromLTS if
handShakeCodeis not set.
- Added a new mode argument,
RegionPredetectionModesthat determines if the SDK attempts to find an accurate boundary when RegionPredetectionModes is set to
- Improved both the localization and decoding algorithms for Postal Codes.
LM_STATISTICS_POSTAL_CODEwill not be added automatically when enabling Postal Code in your runtime settings. Instead, users must manually add it to the LocalizationMode array if it is required.
- Resolved a bug that infrequently causes the application to crash when decoding a MicroPDF417 barcode.
- Improved the recognition accuracy for GS1 Databar.
- Removed the exception code from
barcodeTextwhen using a valid trial license.
- Fixed a bug where
documentNamedon’t have value in the
- Added support for MSI Code (Modified Plessey).
- Added a new member
PublicRuntimeSettingsClass to set the minimum distance (in pixels) between barcode zone and image borders. Previously, it is only available in the JSON template. It can be now configured by setting
- Added exception error message to
TextResultwhen license initialization fails or decoding authorization fails.
- Improved the localization robustness for QR Code.
- Improved the localization for low quality 1D barcodes.
- Improved the deblurring performance and recognition rate for DataMatrix.
- Improved the recognition rate for Aztec.
- Fixed a bug where Micro PDF417 may not be localized in multiple-barcode scenarios.
- Fixed a bug where the
BarcodeFormatparameters do not work in the
- Implemented the mechanism of loading libraries dynamically at runtime when Parameter Mode Enumerations are used (except *_AUTO and *_SKIP). Use LibraryFileName and LibraryParameters to configure.
- (For IntermediateResult Advanced Module) Added support for decoding IntermediateResult. For example, users with a binarized image could use this function to skip some image preprocessing steps.
- Implemented a new licensing tracking mechanism, License 2.0, which makes it easier for users to track license usage.
- Added a new format control parameter, BarcodeZoneMinDistanceToImageBorders, to set the minimum distance (in pixels) between the barcode zone and image borders.
- Added a new format control parameter, MinRatioOfBarcodeZoneWidthToHeight, to set the minimum ratio (width/height) of the barcode zone.
- Added a new format control parameter, BarcodeZoneBarCountRangeArray, to set the barcode zone’s range of bar count for barcode search.
- Added a new argument, SpatialIndexBlockSize, for RPM_GENERAL_RGB_CONTRAST, RPM_GENERAL_GRAY_CONTRAST and RPM_GENERAL_HSV_CONTRAST.
- Added a new parameter, DeblurModes, so users can use different deblur algorithms for different scenarios. DeblurModes has the following enum types: DirectBinarization, ThresholdBinarization, GrayEqulization, Smoothing, Morphing, DeepAnalysis and Sharpening.
- Improved the localization speed for the ScanDirectly mode.
- Improved the localization accuracy for DataMatrix codes with a narrow quiet zone.
- Fixed a crash issue that could happen when conflicts occur on Linux.
- DeblurLevel is now deprecated. It still works in this version but could be removed in the near future. We recommend using DeblurModes instead.
This page is compatible for:
In this article: