Using Visual SourceSafe - Integrating VSS with Flash
This article is a part of SourceSafe / VSS Tutorial
Visual SourceSafe can be integrated into Flash (Professional edition only) to source control projects. To use source control functions, we should define a site for the project.
Click menu Site -> Edit Sites to New or Edit a site.
(New or Edit a site)
- In the Site Definition dialog box, choose Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe® as the connection type.
- Check Project under menu Window to display the dialog box of the Project panel. Also, the dialog box of the Project panel can be dragged to the right menu.
- After creating a new project or opening an existing project, right click the project to show the Project Settings dialog box, and then select a site from the Site menu in the Version Control section and click OK.
(Connect to remote host)
Input the information of Database Path, Project, Username and Password in the Microsoft® Visual SourceSafe® Database dialog box to open SourceSafe database.
(Open SourceSafe database)
- Now the project is in the source control of SourceSafe. You can find the SourceSafe functions by clicking the icon or right-clicking the project.
(Use SourceSafe in Flash)
- When a project has version control applied, we can also open it by using Open from Site. Click menu File -> Open from Site. In the Open from Site dialog box, select the site from the Site menu and then select the file in the site.
The SQL Server-based Source Control Software Designed to be a SourceSafe Replacement
The Fastest SourceSafe Remote Access Tool Recommeded by Microsoft