Dynamsoft .NET OCR Library
The Dynamsoft .NET OCR library is a fast and robust Optical Character Recognition .NET component. It’s for use in C# or VB.NET to create .NET desktop applications. With simple to use OCR APIs, you can quickly implement code to convert the unusable text in PDF or images to digital text for editing, searching, archiving, and more.
Comprehensive language support
The Dynamic .NET TWAIN OCR add-on supports more than 40 languages, including English, Arabic, Chinese and more.
Multiple output formats
OCR results can be saved in the following formats for maximum flexibility:
• Searchable PDFs (including PDF/A 1-b)
• Text files
• String variables
Accurate character recognition and font identification
The SDK provides basic OCR Result, detailed position and format information. This includes font names, font sizes, line widths, and more.
Wide Usage Scenarios
Replacing manual processing and implementing OCR significantly improves efficiency and reduces human errors. There are many scenarios where OCR can play an important role:
- Recovering editable text files from scanned documents including faxes
- Categorizing forms based on an approximation of their handwritten contents
- Creating searchable and editable eBooks from book scans
- Searching and editing text from screenshot images
- Computerized reading of books for visually impaired individuals through text-to-speech
- Recovering and validating information on ID cards or labels that have a barcode
Based on the powerful and mature Tesseract open-source engine, Dynamsoft’s OCR Basic engine, delivers accurate recognition, fast performance, and more.
Supports multi-thread processing and zonal OCR, which significantly increases speed for text recognition in scanned documents.
Robust imaging features
Multiple document processing features can be combined in a single convenient application. By using the image capture add-on modules of Dynamic .NET TWAIN, you can easily integrate the following imaging features in your .NET desktop applications (WinForms and WPF):
- Scan documents from TWAIN scanners
- Scan and decode or generate common 1D and 2D barcodes
- Capture images from DirectShow webcams
- Convert PDF to images, add annotations, save as PDF