Error Message - Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID
You get an error message that says “Failed to load resource: net::ERR_CERT_DATE_INVALID https://local.dynamsoft.com:18623/f/VersionInfo?ts=XXXXXXXXXXXX”. And the browser keeps asking to install the Dynamsoft Service.
By default, we use “127.0.0.1” for service connection. However, you may use our “local.dynamsoft.com” certificate by setting Dynamsoft.WebTwainEnv.Host = “local.dynamsoft.com” or Dynamsoft.DWT.Host=”local.dynamsoft.com”.
In this case, if you are trying to access an application that integrates a version of Dynamic Web TWAIN V15.3 ~ V17.2.1, you will get the error. Because the old “local.dynamsoft.com” certificate expired on November 20th, 2021.
- For v17.1.1 or older versions, choose one of the following approaches:
- Upgrade to V17.2+ which comes with a valid certificate
- If you must fix the issue on a few client machines immediately, manually update the following cert files on the client-side machine. Click here to download the new certificate and use the new server.pem.ldsc & server_key.pem.ldsc to replace the old one under cert folder. Note: the new certificate from Dynamsoft will expire on January 9th, 2023. This means you will need to update the certificate again after this certificate expires.
- Contact Dynamsoft for a new MSI for client-side.
- For v17.2 or higher versions, use the new API UpdateCert to automatically update the client side certificate
In this article: